The Final Event Handbook is Not Currently Available. See Below for a Competition Preview (Download PDF HERE):
- October 26, 2020-Final Event Date(s) Finalized
November 30, 2020-Handbook Released
December 1, 2020-Professional Development #2
General Event Information:
- Event will be virtual via Zoom and held in March/April 2021.
- Teams will consist of (4) students and will be a MESA Medley Relay Team.
- Each team member will participate in (1) “on site” event individually.
- All teams members will participate and contribute to the Prepared Design.
- Final team score will consist of individual event scores and team Prepared Design score.
- Prepared Design event will be submitted in advance for eligibility to participate.
- Individual events will have an assigned participation time and student will participate “live”.
- Event will be held separately from MESA USA Event.
- Allowable team numbers per school will increase.
- On Site Math
- On Site Engineering
- On Site Science
- On Site Art
Prepared Design: Designing for Equity
- Team will identify a community inequity and prototype user.
- Team will create a theoretical prototype mock-up.
- Team will submit a video or other digital media prepared presentation.
Prizes and Awards:
Prize awards will increase in value from previous years.
Individual event winners will be given individual medals and prize (1st-3rd Place).
Prepared Design event winners will be given individual medals and prizes (1st-3rd Place).
Overall team winners will be given a team trophy, individual medals, and individual prizes (1st-3rd Place).