DETAILS ABOUT A1/A2/A3 (WITH NEW LINKS FOR ELECTRONIC VERSIONS!)
- A-1: Two page parent permission form. The signed page comes back to Regional Coordinator (can be faxed or emailed)
- It’s best to make sure you have as many profiles entered as possible (explained in the next step), then send all the A1s to me at once.
- Electronic A1 – Parents can fill out the whole form online, then it is sent to me and I can keep track of it all. You don’t need to do anything other than ensure that students do it. ALSO, MAKE SURE STUDENTS KNOW THEY’RE IN THE NORTH CENTRAL REGION. For those interested, here’s the A1 QR code.
- A-2: Student profile form. To be filled out by students and their parents. You will likely need to provide each student with his/her 9-digit PED ID number. It’s often different than a school ID number. Usually advisors get that from the school’s main office.
- If they do the paper copy, it needs to be entered in the MIMS database by you when they return it. This will create the student’s individual profile, which is required before I can enter the A1, making that student official.
- Electronic A2 – This version will be much easier for you because, like the electronic A1, you just make sure each student completes one, no need to do any extra manual work. I recommend having all students do this with you at school. They fill out the form on a computer with you present to assist. But it’s also an option to have them do it at home (just remember to give them their 9 digit PED #). For those interested, here’s the A2 QR code.
- A-3: Field Trip form
- I don’t need to receive a copy. The normal procedure in the past has been for the advisor to keep a file of all of these, taking them along on every field trip.
- Electronic A3 – Also easier to do it all electronically. When it is completed by a student, I will receive a copy and forward it to you so you have a file. For those interested, here’s the A3 QR code.
MESA NC Region Student Challenge: Use LOGIC to solve the Einstein Puzzle and send the answer to email@example.com for a special prize!
Important Links for 2020-2021
ADVISORS PLEASE COMPLETE AND RETURN THE FOLLOWING:
EXTRA IDEAS FOR MESA TIME
Code with Mu: A simple Python editor for beginner programmers: https://codewith.mu/
Great lessons on electronics from Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/science/electrical-engineering
Make a Pirate Radio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBb8BN0dqoQ
CHILDREN’S OUTDOOR BILL OF RIGHTS
- Play outside and explore freely
- Watch wildlife in the outdoors
- Wade in a clean river, creek, lake or pond
- Catch a fish and hunt for food
- Camp out under the stars
- Plant a seed and visit farms and ranches
- Travel a trail
- Explore New Mexico’s public parks, nature centers and wildlife sanctuaries
- Actively care for land, water and wildlife
- Dig in the dirt and learn about the world from the ground up
MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT’S COMING BY LOOKING AT MESA’S Statewide Calendar