NM MESA students graduating from a NM MESA High School are able to earn the Loyalty Award (LA) for their first year of college. The amount available for a NM MESA student to earn is up to $1000. The Loyalty Award consists of two levels: MESA Success ($500) and Einstein Bonus (up to an additional $500). The student must qualify for the MESA Success to earn the Einstein Bonus.
Online Loyalty Award Submissions
- Loyalty Award Online Application (2020 graduates; application available March 16-April 17, 2020)
- Loyalty Award upload form (for 2020 graduates receiving a Loyalty Award) to upload your fall schedule of classes at the University or College you will be attending (upload form available July 1-Sept. 7, 2020 at midnight)
MESA Success: $500
In order to qualify for the MESA Success, students are required to meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Student graduating this academic year of 2019-2020 from a NM MESA School
- Member of NM MESA for 2 years including his/her senior year (senior year only 1st Semester and one other year).
- A-1 form, completed and signed, submitted to your Advisor every year participated in NM MESA. (Advisor will submit a copy to your regional MESA office, and the MESA coordinator will indicate you are an active member in the database.)
- Demonstrated loyalty to NM MESA by having a minimum of 175 points total (Both MS and HS, refer to Table 1 on the right; points will stop calculating after the end of the 1st semester of senior year).
- Minimum ACT score of 18 or a minimum SAT score of 870 or a 2.8 weighted G.P.A (End of 1st semester of senior year as appears on official transcript).
- Online application, W-9 upload, and testimonial about your experience in NM MESA submitted to the nmmesa.org website. Completed W-9 tax form can be sent to your Regional Coordinator.
Einstein Bonus (up to $500 additional)
Einstein Bonus Eligibility Criteria is in addition to the above MESA Success Criteria. NM MESA students have the ability to earn additional money, up to $500. At this level, students can qualify for different amounts of money. In the Einstein Bonus, the student does NOT have to meet all the criteria; merit is based simply on what is achieved.
The following are the criteria for the Einstein Bonus:
- + up to $100 based on the LA points above 175, see bonus schedule to the right
- +$63 class rank top 10%
- +$63 ACT score ≥ 21 or SAT score ≥ 1000
- +$63 cumulative weighted GPA of ≥ 3.8
- +$63 MESA Officer (any year – not $63 per year; verified by advisor & entered into the MESA database)
- +$63 In addition to state graduation requirement of 4 math and 3 science, at least one additional credit of STEM course(s), ≥ C grade (not $63 per course)
- +$85 two or more AP/ Dual credit course(s), which includes state requirements, ≥ C grade (not $85 per course)
Please note the following:
- Students are only disqualified during the senior year if MESA success is not met.
- Weighted GPA, test scores, and class rank are verified using the student’s official high school transcript, through the end of the first semester senior year.
- See the approved Math, Science, English and other STEM-related courses.
- View the list of acceptable AP courses.
- Students must be able to provide a social security number, green card number, or tax identification number. Please speak with your MESA advisor or regional coordinator if you cannot; you will not be disqualified.
- The Loyalty Award (LA) is taxable income and all recipients MUST submit a completed W-9 tax form to MESA before any disbursement of funds can be made.
- Students receiving $600 or more will be issued a 1099 tax form from MESA in January of 2020.
- Member and parent/guardian agree that final authority on LA is the sole responsibility of NM MESA, Inc.
Documents Students need for the Loyalty Award
- A-1 Parent Permission Form English/Spanish
- A-2 Student Profile Paper Form English/Spanish
A-2 Student Profile Online Form
- A copy of the student’s completed federal W-9 form. This form will need to be completed with the student’s information and the student’s signature (line by line details below). Send, e-mail or fax the completed and signed form to your MESA Regional Coordinator.
- Line 1 = fill out your complete legal name
- Line 2 = leave blank
- Line 3 = check the box for Individual
- Line 4 = leave blank
- Line 5 = fill out your complete address
- Line 6 = fill in your city, state & zip code
- Line 7 = leave blank
- Part 1 = complete social security number or employer identification number
- Part 2 = sign & date
** To release your funds in September (ie. mail to the address you have in our MESA student database), you must submit your fall college schedule OR military enlistment online before the September 7, 2020 deadline.