(3) Professional Development Sessions will be held to help MESA teachers navigate a different type of school year. Instead of in person singular training, we will be utilizing a virtual module training method to support our advisors (teachers) in their teaching practices, assistance with project-based learning, our yearly theme of “Designing for Equity”, and adapting their classroom and MESA program to a changing educational landscape. Each module will be up to a full day of training, will be recorded for future viewing, will provide opportunities for followup assistance, and will provide resources for continued learning.
- All NM MESA Teachers are Invited to Attend.
- All sessions will be held virtually via zoom. “Live” attendance is considered participation in real time.
SERIES #1: October 1, 2020; 3:30-6:30 PM
- State of MESA, Organizational Changes, and Year Plan, Results of Survey
- How to operate MESA in new school-scape
- Bringing “Hands On’ STEM to your virtual classroom
- Registration Deadline: September 17, 2020 @ 5PM
- $50.00 Stipend Paid for Live Attendance
- Series #1 Event Flyer with Agenda
- Recordings and Event Materials
SERIES #2: December 1, 2020; 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
- MESA Competitions and MESA Day Handbook Release
- Video Creation Training Part 1-OPTIONAL; 9:00 AM-12:00 PM
- MESA Updates and Competition Overview Part 2; 1:00-3:00 PM
- $75.00 Stipend Paid for Live Attendance. $25.00 Stipend for Part 2 Partial Attendance.
- Series #2 Event Flyer with Agenda
- NOTE: Additional Designing for Equity National Professional Development will be held December 5 or December 12 (TBD)
- Recordings and Event Materials: Posted When Available
SERIES #3: February 1, 2021; Time TBD
- Current State of MESA
- TBD-Based on Survey and Current Needs