(3) Professional Development Sessions will be held to help MESA teachers navigate a different type of school year. Instead of in person singular training, we will be utilizing a virtual module training method to support our advisors (teachers) in their teaching practices, assistance with project-based learning, our yearly theme of “Designing for Equity”, and adapting their classroom and MESA program to a changing educational landscape. Each module will be up to a full day of training, will be recorded for future viewing, will provide opportunities for followup assistance, and will provide resources for continued learning.
- All NM MESA Teachers are Invited to Attend.
- $50.00 Stipend Paid for Live Attendance at Each Training.
- All sessions will be held virtually via zoom. “Live” attendance is considered participation in real time.
SERIES #1: October 1, 2020; 3:30-6:30 PM
- State of MESA, Organizational Changes, and Year Plan, Results of Survey
- How to operate MESA in new school-scape
- Bringing “Hands On’ STEM to your virtual classroom
- Registration Deadline: September 17, 2020 @ 5PM
- Series #1 Event Flyer with Agenda
- Recordings will be available HERE upon conclusion of the event by pass code for NM MESA Advisors.
SERIES #2: December 1, 2020; Time TBD
- MESA Competitions and MESA Day Handbook Release
- Designing for Equity Training
- Possible National Training Included-MESA USA
SERIES #3: February 1, 2021; Time TBD
- Current State of MESA
- TBD-Based on Survey and Current Needs