Professional Development Sessions will be held to help MESA teachers navigate a different type of school year. Instead of in person singular training, we will be utilizing a virtual module training method to support our advisors (teachers) in their teaching practices, assistance with project-based learning, our yearly theme of “Designing for Equity”, and adapting their classroom and MESA program to a changing educational landscape. Each module will be up to a full day of training, will be recorded for future viewing, will provide opportunities for followup assistance, and will provide resources for continued learning.
- All NM MESA Teachers are Invited to Attend.
- All sessions will be held virtually via zoom. “Live” attendance is considered participation in real time.
Digital Media Training: April 28-29; 3:30-5:00 PM
- DAY 1: April 28, 2021-REQUIRED
- Introduction to Animation
- Individual Homework
- DAY 2: April 29, 2021-Available to Attend if you attend Day 1 and complete Homework
- Review Individual Projects
- Introduction to Game Development
- Presented by CNM Ingenuity: Dr. Rod Sanchez and Kasie Cochrane
- Registration Deadline: April 28, 2021 @ 3:30 PM
- $75.00 Stipend Paid for Live Attendance at Both Sessions
- $25.00 Stipend Paid if Only Attends Part 1
- Digital Media Flyer PDF Download HERE
- Recordings and Event Materials-Posted When Available
SERIES #1: October 1, 2020; 3:30-6:30 PM
- State of MESA, Organizational Changes, and Year Plan, Results of Survey
- How to operate MESA in new school-scape
- Bringing “Hands On’ STEM to your virtual classroom
- Registration Deadline: September 17, 2020 @ 5PM
- $50.00 Stipend Paid for Live Attendance
- Series #1 Event Flyer with Agenda
- Recordings and Event Materials
SERIES #2: December 1, 2020; 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
- MESA Competitions and MESA Day Handbook Release
- Video Creation Training Part 1-OPTIONAL; 9:00 AM-12:00 PM. Recordings are in parts because breakout rooms were not recorded.
- MESA Updates and Competition Overview Part 2; 1:00-3:00 PM
- $75.00 Stipend Paid for Live Attendance. $25.00 Stipend for Part 2 Partial Attendance.
- Participation Certificates Master File: Click HERE. Only Print Your Certificate.
- Series #2 Event Flyer with Agenda
SERIES #3: February 1, 2021; 1:00-5:30 PM
- Build Your Resources
- Part 1 OPTIONAL; 1:00-3:00; Teach your Students to Make Movies with Explora
- Part 2 MESA Business and Julia Robinson Mathematics Festival (JRMF); 3:15-5:30
- Event Recordings:
- Series #3 Event Flyer with Agenda
- $75.00 Stipend Paid for Full Attendance. $50.00 Stipend for Part 2 Partial Attendance.