(2) Professional Development Sessions will be held to help MESA teachers prepare for the MESA USA National Engineering Design Competition. For the competition, student teams will identify an individual or group who experiences some type of inequity (i.e., a user). Using a microprocessor as the key component of the design, teams will employ human-centered design practices to engineer a solution. Teams must use at least one of the following microprocessors as the main component of their design: Arduino, Circuit Playground Express, and/or Micro:bit.
Training will be held in 2 parts as described. In addition to the training, Microprocessor Technical Support will be provided during the Spring of 2021. All technical support and training will be provided by Explora Museum in partnership with NM MESA.
Microprocessor Technical Support:
- Sessions will be held virtually via Zoom.
- Support window will run from January 11, 2021-March 5, 2021.
- There will be (2) sessions a week, 3:30-4:30 PM MST.
- Session 1: Arduino, EVERY WEDNESDAY
- Session 2: Micro:biit and Circuit Playground, EVERY FRIDAY
- Sessions will be used for troubleshooting, prototype assistance, and/or additional microprocessor training.
- Help Desk Flyer
- For Zoom Link Click on the Side Panel. If Issues go to Zoom.com and enter Meeting ID: 903 077 2626
Technical Support Session Recordings:
- Wednesday, January 13: Arduino Introduction and Circuits
- Friday, January 15: Micro:biit/Circuit Playground Express Introduction
- Workshop Requirements
- REQUIRED to review prior to attendance
- Details what software/hardware is needed for each Microprocessor Training Set
- Materials needed (listed) will be sent via USPS with additional items between Part 1 and Part 2. Attendance is required to receive.
- Microprocessor Training Part 1 Event Flyer
Microprocessor Training Part 1 Event Recordings
- Part 1 Attendance Certificates-Alphabetical Order
- Part 1 EDITED Attendance Certificates-Alphabetical Order
- Micro:biit Part 1 Training
- Circuit Playground Express Part 1 Training
- Arduino Part 1 Training
Microprocessor Training Part 2 Event Recordings
- Part 2 Attendance Certificates-Alphabetical Order
- Micro:biit Part 2 Training
- Circuit Playground Express Part 2 Training
- Arduino Part 2 Training-1st Half
- Arduino Part 2 Training-2nd Half
Microprocessor Trainings Part 1: Introduction Session
- October 26, 2020, 3:30-5:30 PM MST: Micro:biit
- October 27, 2020, 3:30-5:30 PM MST: Circuit Playground
- October 30, 2020, 3:30-5:30 PM MST: Arduino
Microprocessor Trainings Part 2: Follow-Up Session
- December 8, 2020, 3:30-5:30 PM MST: Micro:biit
- December 10, 2020, 3:30-5:30 PM MST: Circuit Playground
- December 11, 2020, 3:30-5:30 PM MST: Arduino
IMPORTANT NOTES ON TRAINING:
- All sessions will occur via Zoom.
- All NM MESA teachers and all levels are invited to attend. Registration is required.
- Attendees do not have to attend every type of training (all 3). Because there is a choice of Microprocessor, registrants can select to participate in one or multiple Microprocessor Training Sets.
- Training is held in 2 parts for each type. Part 1 is required to be able to attend Part 2 as they are complementary to each other.
- Attendees that complete Part 1 and will attend Part 2 will receive a supply packet (Min. $50 Value) for EACH Microprocessor Training Set they participate in. Supply packet(s) will be mailed via USPS between Part 1 and Part 2.
- Attendees that complete at least one Microprocessor Training Set (Part 1 and Part 2) will receive an E-Gift Certificate (Min. $50 Value) to purchase additional Sparkfun materials. This will be emailed upon the conclusion of Part 2.
- Sessions will be recorded for future viewing and can be shared with students.
- All sessions will be held virtually via zoom. “Live” attendance is considered participation in real time.