This year’s Hispanic Heritage Month theme celebrates working together “Todos Juntos” and we are THRILLED to offer our first multi-state, virtual, family STEM Event in partnership with Intel. Join us for a night of fun, connections, and career exploration with prospective MESA students and families. The event is hosted by Oregon MESA and shared with other MESA USA states. Students and families in the states of Oregon, California, New Mexico, and Arizona will be joining in for this groundbreaking event! We will be using Zoom and Gather.Town platforms for this virtual engagement. This event has a maximum capacity of 25 students (with their familes) that can attend from NM MESA. Do not miss out!
IMPORTANT: We have changed our promotional materials to reflect the time zone or New Mexico (MST). If anything is sent for Oregon MESA, verify the time zone listing.
- Celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month and LatinX contributions to STEM on Zoom
- MESA Orientation for students and families on Zoom
- Students participate in a career exploration fair on Gather.Town (information to join Gather.Town will be provided during the session held on Zoom) This session is public/recorded. You’re responsible for limiting your audio/video.
- If you are participating as a family we suggest that you participate using 2 devices since the later portion of the event will be happening in Zoom and Gather concurrently.
- We will all be starting the event on Zoom.
- During the meeting participants will receive a separate link to access our Gather space. You will not receive a link to this space beforehand. Gather is best accessed using a computer and not a tablet or cell phone.
We will have English closed captioning on-screen and Spanish interpretation during the event.