NOTE: This event has moved back to the Las Cruces Convention Center
The 2019 AMP Conference, held in Las Cruces on October 11, 2019, is an excellent opportunity for the juniors and seniors in your program to interact with outstanding professionals and attend quality college level workshops. The AMP Conference is a statewide high school leadership activity and will involve aspects of a professional conference, i.e. workshops, presentations and seminars etc. This year, along with the New Mexico AMP Program, we will be utilizing a “Conference Navigation” curriculum that will allow for enhanced participation and increased understanding for both students and advisors. Please encourage each student to come prepared to actively participate in all conference activities.
Programs more than two hours from Las Cruces area will need to arrive Thursday evening. All participants are expected to stay through the duration of the agenda. NM MESA is limited to 50 registrants to include students and advisors. Each student and advisor must be registered and approved to attend. You will be notified immediately about approval to attend once you register and/or registration will be closed once we reach capacity. If you need to cancel for any reason, please do so in a timely manner. Because spots are limited, we will have a wait list and would like to accommodate all interested schools/students. Please keep an active wait list as all spots need to be filled and we will accommodate all as able.
- 2019 AMP Memo and Registration Instructions
- 2019 AMP General Conference Agenda
- 2019 AMP Conference Website
- Hotel-All attendees will be housed at the Hampton Inn & Suites I-10. Click HERE for directions and property information.
- Room List AMP 2019-Emailed to Teacher Advisors
- Address: 1641 Hickory Loop; Las Cruces, NM 88005. 575-541-8777.
- Dinner on 10/10/19: New Mexico State University Parking Map, Click here.
- For personal vehicles, after 4:30 PM on weekdays a parking permit is not required. All other times, a permit will be needed.
- Dinner will be provided in the Taos Cafeteria from 5:00-8:00 in Corbett Center for those staying overnight.
- Bus parking is available in the Brown Parking Lots, There is a vehicle lot #41 on Stewart St. & Locust St.