The 2018 AMP Conference, held in Las Cruces on October 12, 2018, is an excellent opportunity for the juniors and seniors in your program to interact with outstanding professionals and attend quality college level workshops. The AMP Conference is a statewide high school leadership activity and will involve aspects of a professional conference, i.e. workshops, presentations and seminars etc. This year, along with the New Mexico AMP Program, we will be utilizing a “Conference Navigation” curriculum that will allow for enhanced participation and increased understanding for both students and advisors. In addition there will also be required pre and post activities to complement the program. Please encourage each student to come prepared to actively participate in all conference activities.
Programs more than two hours from Las Cruces area will need to arrive Thursday evening. All participants are expected to stay through the duration of the agenda. NM MESA is limited to 50 registrants to include students and advisors. Each student and advisor must be registered and approved to attend. You will be notified immediately about approval to attend once you register and/or registration will be closed once we reach capacity. If you need to cancel for any reason, please do so in a timely manner. Because spots are limited, we will have a wait list and would like to accommodate all interested schools/students. Please keep an active wait list as all spots need to be filled and we will accommodate all as able.
- AMP Teacher Information-This includes flyers, handout instructions, attendance sheets (to award MIMS participation), and more!
- AMP Student Pages-These are the printables for the required activities.
- Hotel-All attendees will be housed at the Comfort Suites. Click HERE for directions and property information.
- Room List AMP 2018-Posted here once available
- Address: 201 S. Triviz Drive; Las Cruces, NM 88001. 575-522-1300.
- New Mexico State University Parking Map, Click here.
- For personal vehicles, after 4:30 PM on weekdays a parking permit is not required. All other times, a permit will be needed. Click here.
- Dinner will be provided in the Taos Cafeteria from 5:00-8:00 in Corbett Center for those staying overnight.
- Bus parking is available in the Brown Parking Lots.