Oct 25, 2016 –
It is not too late to partner with LIMBS to change lives! Due to the many requests from schools, LIMBS is extending Socktober until November 18th! This means that if you are already participating you have some extra time to get all of your orders in and if you have not had a chance to get things up and running at your school you still have a month to have a local and global impact through Socktober!
All of the socks will be arriving the 3rd week of Nov and we will be able to get them out to your schools before the winter break. If you would still like to get involved here are some easy steps that you can take:
1) Get approval from your administration
2) Present the Socktober Information to your students and empower a group of them to run the program
3) If you were not able to get a sample pack of socks already you can order your Sample Pack of socks at 50% off so the students can see the socks in person
4) Provide the teachers on campus with the LIMBS Lesson plans and STEM project that they can use during Socktober to tie classroom instruction to the service project. (Optional)
5) You can also set up an online page for your school that can handle all of the sock purchases and donations. (Optional)
Some of the schools that are already participating have come up with some ideas that are making their Socktober even better.
- Students are organizing a Sock Hop Dance to celebrate how many lives have been changed and to get in the students have to wear a pair of the Socktober socks
PS: Here is a video that we put together for Socktober that you can use at your school https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W8kDwTedQs