Come to Santa Fe Community College for a day of fun activities to prepare for MESA Day in February!
- Please bring your own lunches or plan to purchase lunch at the cafeteria.
- Make sure to arrive on time! We have a great speaker scheduled for 9:15 SHARP. Dr. Stephen Gomez will talk to our students about being a professional scientist and will show pictures from his work with glowing ocean creatures!
- Please make sure each of your student teams has a number and knows that number (example: Bernalillo HS 1, Bernalillo HS 2, etc.). Each team will have a scheduled time to test their prosthetic arm prototype and receive advice from volunteer scientists. Please look at this list with your students before you arrive: NC Rally Prosthetic Arm Testing Times.
- Here is the RALLY AGENDA.
- STUDENT PREPARATION:
- Each attending student team needs to come with a Prosthetic Arm prototype – Something they can use at the testing station in order to gain a good understanding of how the testing will work at MESA Day and in order to make use of advice for product improvement from our knowledgeable volunteers. At the very least, they must bring materials to work on their project at the event, but they will learn more if they come with a prototype.
- Each student team needs to be as familiar as possible with the terms and concepts related to Brain Anatomy found on page 8 of the MESA Day Handbook.
- All teams should save the Alice Programming work they have done so far on a USB drive and bring it to the Rally. There will be an opportunity to continue work on Alice worlds and to ask questions.
- EVERYONE MUST READ THE MESA DAY HANDBOOK! This includes Advisors AND all students participating in the Rally and MESA Day. Pages 9-19 are specific guidelines for the 3 events. There are very important rules and restrictions included. We don’t anyone to be disqualified for a simple omission after all your hard work.