This event is our State Qualifying Event for our National Engineering Design Competition. All teams have been invited to attend.
Teams will build a low-cost Prosthetic Arm. The device should be designed to allow student to complete daily tasks in school and at play. The device and project must meet the criteria outlined in the rules student teams will perform the following tasks:
- Distance Accuracy: greatest distance and accuracy achieved by tossing balls of three different sizes into target containers located at three different distances in the fastest time. (2 trials)
- Object Relocation Task: fastest time achieved by placing all objects into the specified container. (2 trials)
- Dexterity Task: greatest number of bolts and nuts correctly placed and secured onto the testing device in the fastest time. (2 trials)-HIGH SCHOOL ONLY
- Design Efficiency – greatest ratio of performance score to device mass
- Academic Poster Presentation
- Technical Paper
EVENT DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION:
- MESA USA National Handbook
- NM MESA USA Addendum
- MESA USA Website
- MESA USA Frequently Asked Questions
- 2013 Webinar Series Recordings and Information-These are webinars created for 2013 Competition, but information is still useful.