Join 300 students as they learn about Agriculture, the importance of research, careers, and how agriculture impacts our everyday lives on our 3rd annual Ag Day!
Students will visit and learn about:
Genetic modifications in plants
- Final Agenda-
Group 1- example agenda
8:30-8:50 Cannulated Cow 9:00-9:20 Microscope 9:30-9:50 Southwest Border 10:00-10:20 Ag in the Class 10:30-10:50 Food Science 11:00-11:50 Lunch 12:00-12:20 Rain Simulator 12:30-12:50 Wildlife Museum 1:00-1:20 Genetics Lab 1:30-1:50 ACES Send-Off
- NMSU Parking Map-There are lots available on Knox and University
Advisors: please fill out this form if your students did the pre/post activities in order for them to receive credit and return to Anita by 11/11/16. Click on ag-day-pre-post-sign-in-sheet to download sign up sheet.
- Pre Event Activity-Learning about the Microscope- from the ScienceSpotMicroscope Mania Unit Materials:• Microscope Basics Presentation (PDF) and Student Worksheet (PDF) – I use this presentation at the beginning of the microscope unit to review the parts of the microscope, discuss magnification, and review how to use a microscope as well as directions on how to make wet-mount slides.• Parts of a Microscope Notes (pdf) – A basic lesson with an overhead key and student worksheet related to the parts of a microscope.
• Microscope Quiz 1 (pdf) – Student quiz on the parts of a microscope.
• Microscope Quiz 2 (pdf) – This quiz includes sections on labeling the parts of a microscope as well as questions about power of magnification.
Learning about Cannulated Cows
Watch video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY4QkhwQMRA
Try this activity on how genetics play a role in selecting plants
Check out these website to view careers in Agriculture
- This first one focuses on degrees in the Ag college. Students can click on most of the majors and see courses they might take and what they might study. (Not all majors have this breakdown).http://aces.nmsu.edu/academics/academic-degrees-and-maj.html
This second one is about careers in agriculture from Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
- Post Event Activity-Will be Posted Here Once Available