The day of the event
During MESA Day, teams will be competing in heats… please take a moment to read over how it will take place! Click here- Prosthetic Arm 2 rotation example.
Itemized Budget Sheet
Click here for an Excel Template: This template includes formulas and kit prices. This is allowed (and preferred) to be used at MESA Day as it will streamline cost for Sparkfun Materials. You must use with the Receipt Submittal Template.
Setting up Arduino to work with the MESA SparkFun Kit
Click here for Pre-load guide : Advisors can use this guide to register and configure the CodeBender application and install drivers on their laptop prior to using Arduino.
Information on Arduino code
|Video on basic Arduino coding (5 minutes)||Video on basic Arduino syntax (10 minutes)|
- Videos from SparkFun training on Arduino. 12 Videos in all, each is about 25 minutes each. They start from a basic overview of Arduino and continue through learning how to code in Arduino and build boards.
- MESA and LIMBS Arm Project information. This page has the videos and pictures from the LIMBS project of building a arm similar to what we are doing for MESA Day.
- Guide on how to use the Arduino code as part of the Arm 2.0/2.1 event.
- PowerPoint presentation from PDC training 2016 on Arduino
- SparkFun Redboard diagram
- Breadboard (Letter size)
- Arduino one page reference sheet: this sheet has the simple code and structure of Arduino
- Link to a webpage that covers the Arduino Language in detail
- Ardublock – Ardublock is a graphical programming environment to make programming physical computing with Arduino as easy as drag and drop
Information on the Sparkfun Kits
5 projects to introduce using Arduino for Object Oriented Programing:
These are created by SparkFun and can be used as guides for individual step by step lessons:
- 00 Intro to Arduino
- 01 Multi LEDs
- 02 Not just ON & OFF?
- 03 Sensing
- 04 Servos ‘n More
- 05 H-Bridge Motor Control