2013 NM MESA Summer Enrichment Courses:
- Pecos High School-Conceptual Physics, Karen Ismari
- Vista Middle School-Competitive Science, Joshua Wisner and Louis Vergeer
- Vista Middle School-TESTING, Do Not Disturb! (Applied Science and Projects), Norm Jensen
- Belen High School-Archaeology, Alycia Gallegos
- Memorial Middle School/Robertson High School-Environmental Engineering, Margaret Lewis
- Mesa Vista Middle/High School-Resource Management, Victor Jaramillo
- Crownpoint Middle School-Up, Up, and Away, Debra Chee
- Bernalillo High School-Math Analysis, Hope Montoya-Encinias
- Van Buren Middle School-Exploring Science, Aleli Colon
- Robertson High School-Applied Engineering/Geometry, Martha Pena
All courses run at various times June-July. If interested in participating in a course near you, contact Anita Gonzales at firstname.lastname@example.org
Courses will include:
- A high school or middle school level course.
- A Math, Science, Engineering, or Technology course that adequately incorporates a hands-on component.
- A course that adequately incorporates the required use of a New Mexico Map provided by MESA.
- A course that has enrolled the required 15 students. All students will be required to pay a $25 tuition fee for the course.
- A course that ensures the appropriate amount of contact hours (100). More contact hours are allowed if required for school credit. Courses are encouraged to award school credit.
- A course that has an enriched curriculum. No remedial or recovery courses will be awarded.
- General MESA courses will award a teacher stipend of $3500.00.
- General MESA courses will be provided a $500.00 supply stipend, a $500.00 fieldtrip stipend, and $10/attendee meal allowance for approved field trip.