All advisors are highly encouraged to submit to attend this valuable two-day training. It will provide assistance in completing all parts of the MESA USA project, it will allow you to renew acquaintances, and will provide valuable training and resources to take back to the classroom. The training is meant to enhance current projects and give guidance to teams committed to completing the project. At the time of training, teachers are expected to come with:
- A good “start” to their projects.
- Base team should be established and projects/need should be identified.
- All needed software installed and the advisor should be familiar with the basic operations of Arduino.
- A start of an engineering notebook and/or prototype.
Any teacher interested in attending must have completed a minimum of (1) MESA USA Track Interest Form and must commit to having a minimum of (1) team complete in the MESA USA Track Event at MESA Day. Maximum of (20) advisors will be selected to attend from across the state. If needed, attendees will be selected based on (but not limited to):
- Completion and Thoroughness of the MESA USA Track Form(s)
- Number of Teams/Students each teacher will support.
- Regional Coordinator Recommendation.
- Need for MESA USA Training.
- Current Status of Team Project(s).
- Potential for readiness by the Training Date.
INVITATIONS FOR THIS EVENT HAVE BEEN SET
WHAT NM MESA WILL PROVIDE:
- Stipends/Mileage as Follows. NOTE-Actual mileage will not be provided, but a general tiered amount.
- Local Advisor (Albuquerque Area)-$50
- Short Distance Advisor (Approximately 2 Hours or Less-Less than 140 Miles One Way)-$100
- Long Distance Advisor (Over 2 Hours-Over 140 Miles One Way)-$150
- Lodging (as needed and approved) for:
- Private room for all over attendees over 60 miles from Albuquerque
- Lunch on both days of Training. Overnight guests have a full breakfast included with their lodging.
- Training supplies as needed.
SAMPLE OF WHAT NM MESA DOES NOT PROVIDE:
- Additional food costs, transportation, and/or lodging fees
- Any other costs associated with attendance
11:00-11:30 Advisor Registration and Computer Specification Check
11:30-12:30 Welcome Lunch and MESA USA Overview
12:30-12:45 Break 1
12:45-2:45 MESA USA Component Training
- Project Report
- Academic Poster
- Technical Interview
- Project Pitch
2:45-3:00 Break 2
3:00-6:00 Arduino Training Breakouts
- Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Modules
6:00 Dismissal-Day 1 (Dinner on Own)
- Possible Project Homework
8:30-9:00 Day 2 Sign In and Set Up
9:00-11:00 Arduino Training Breakouts (Continued)
- Module Wrap Up
- Individual Project Mentoring
11:00-11:15 Break 1 (Hotel Check Out)
11:30 General Session
- Team Mentor Introductions
12:00-1:30 Lunch Served
- Chat and Chew-Project Mentor Sessions
1:30-2:00 Project Plan Wrap Up and Dismissal