NORTHROP GRUMMAN SPACE CAMP SPONSORSHIP
Date: July 27 – August 1
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Northrop Grumman has offered to send two MESA students and their advisor to Space Camp this summer from the CI/CO region (WILD CHEERING and APPLAUSE commence)!!!
Included below are the instructions from the teacher application and recommendation; Please read the student checklist and teacher criteria to see if you are eligible to attend. CLICK HERE – for a ready-to-print flyer, student application and teacher application.
ADVISOR INSTRUCTIONS: Only offer this to your students if you are willing to attend with them. Northrop Grumman would like two students and one teacher from the same school to go together.
1. Submit ALL the student applications you receive, your application and your recommendation for the two students. Final selection will be made by NM MESA, but we would like your input; use the student checklist below to make your recommendations.
- Are you entering 7th or 8th grade this fall and between the ages of 12 and 14 years old by June 26, 2014?
- Are you willing and able to work hard to achieve success in school, even if your grades don’t show it?
- Do you have an interest in space and have the ability to be away from home and interact with others at Space Camp
- Are your parents willing to let you participate in the program (from July 26/27 to August 1/2) and sign the necessary medical permission form?
- CHECK if you do NOT have an immediate family member employed by Northrop Grumman. Students who have an immediate family member who is a Northrop Grumman employee are NOT eligible to participate.
- CHECK if your parents would otherwise NOT be able to fund your participation in space camp. Space camp can cost over $1,000 PLUS airfare ($400+) and travel expenses ($40+)!
Registration Deadline: Friday, April 11, 2014 by 5 p.m. via fax or email
FAX: 505.277.9676, ATTN: Bonnie Bissell or Shaundina Watson
2. Initial below to indicate you meet the following criteria:
- Any educators who participated in Northrop Grumman ECO Classroom or are a previously-sponsored Space Camp attendee are not eligible for a Space Camp scholarship ______________ Initial.
- Educators must be middle school, grades 6th, 7th or 8th, science teachers and sign the necessary permission forms______________ Initial.
- If students from their school are selected to participate in Space Camp, teachers must be willing to travel with the students. ______________ Initial.
- Participant cannot be an immediate family member of a Northrop Grumman employee ______________ Initial.