CO Regional Rally (Friday, Nov 22): Students will convene at the NM Natural History Museum and Explora Museum for an extended day of MESA Day practice competition, museum visits, Dynatheatre and planetarium shows, and a water harvesting workshop to gear up for the big MESA Day competition.
- The museums require 1 chaperone per every 6 students.
- Bring packed lunches.
- REVIEW the MESA Day Handbook (link located at the bottom of the MESA Day 2014 webpage).
- EVERY team needs at least a partial “system” to test on the maps/review of rules.
- Every HS team needs drafts of the Academic Displays sections – for help with editing, re-writing and general feedback. Change: Replace w/Academic Display workshop and Q&A
- Onsite event: water harvesting workshop at Explora.
- Museum visits, Dyantheatre and planetarium shows (NM Museum of Natural History & Science and Explora)
Click HERE for CO Rally Registration Form
Click HERE for Pre-Rally activities for prepared design and academic display events
Click HERE for a link to volunteer for a shift during Rally Day
Current Schedule (subject to change)
|9:15 AM||Arrival and school registration in the main lobby of the Natural History Museum|
|9:30 AM||MIDDLE Schools drop of their prepared designs in the NatHis conference room. Bring your lunches to Explora.||HIGH Schools drop off your lunches in the NatHis conference room and go directly to the prepared design (system/map) and poster classrooms.|
|9:50 AM||Check in at Explora (groups check-in is outside at the purple door to the left of the main entrance).|
|10:00 AM||Explora Water Harvesting Wksp||Explora Museum||Food Delivery System on Map||Poster|
|11:00 AM||Explora Museum||Explora Water Harvesting Wksp||Poster||Food Delivery System on Map|
|12:00 PM||Eat your packed lunch at park or in the upstairs dome area at Explora||Eat your packed lunch at park or in the entrance conference room at Natural History Museum|
|12:45 PM||Each school moves across the street as a group. 1/2 the MS’s will pick up their system and go to the classroom and 1/2 will go directly to the planetarium. HS checks in at the purple group check-in door to the left of the main Explora entrance.|
|1:00 PM||Planetarium Show||Food Delivery System on Map||Explora Water Harvesting Wksp||Explora Museum|
|2:00 PM||Food Delivery System on Map||Planetarium Show||Explora Museum||Explora Water Harvesting Wksp|
|3:00 PM||Dynatheatre Show||Dynatheatre Show||Natural History Museum||Natural History Museum|
|4:00 PM||Natural History Museum||Natural History Museum||Dynatheatre Show||Dynatheatre Show|
|4:45 PM||Buses pick up in front of Natural History Museum and leave for school|