Each MESA Central Inner (CI) school is invited to host 15 students on their campus for a regional Elegoo Tinker Rally!
Each Tinker Rally will consist of…
- STEM Elegoo Tinker time
2-3 students Elegoo tinker team
all microprocessors and tinkering materials provided (please have your MESA toolkit and additional items out)
students that participate for the full 1-2 hour workshop will be awarded Rally (7 points) & Leadership credit (5 points) in MIMS
computer/laptop details… tbd on a school by school basis
- includes a math snack for each student
- each participating schools will GET FIVE Elegoo UNO Project Super Starter Kits to keep!
- if you feel confident with your own curriculum plans to implement these kits with your MESA students, please connect with Kim to make plans for delivery. 😀
Flexible agenda examples: 1-2 hours needed
9:00 am start time: introductions to people & Elegoo Super Starter kits
9:10-9:50 workshop tinker time
9:50-10 conclusions and gallery share
10:00 am release with math snack in hand
2:30 pm start time: introductions to people & kits
2:45-3:30 workshop tinker time
3:30-3:40 math snacks break
3:40-4:20 workshop tinker time
4:15-4:30 conclusions and gallery share
4:30 pm release
Can one school get two workshop dates…? YES!
Will that school get double the kits…? No.
Location: hosted on your campus!
- space without multiple interruptions
- your time and oversight
- guest wifi password
- space with electricity outlets
- 5 -15 innovative MESA students
Relevant 2019 NM Computer Science legislation:
- targeted funding for CS PD: House Bill 341 – https://www.nmlegis.gov/Sessions/19%20Regular/bills/house/HB0341.pdf
- creation of a CS task force and plan for the state: Senate Joint Memorial 9 – https://nmlegis.gov/Sessions/19%20Regular/memorials/senate/SJM009.pdf