NM MESA will be awarding funding for school site to apply for a Summer Enrichment Program. Schools must be NM MESA schools, but teachers do not have to be NM MESA Advisors. This is an excellent opportunity for schools to provide summer enrichment for 2014.
According to NM MESA, general NM MESA eligible courses will include:
- A high school or middle school level course.
- A Math, Science, Engineering, or Technology course that adequately incorporates a hands-on component.
- A course that has enrolled the required 15 students. All students will be required to pay a $25 tuition fee for the course.
- A course that ensures the appropriate amount of contact hours (100). More contact hours are allowed if required for school credit. Courses are encouraged to award school credit.
- A course that has an enriched curriculum. No remedial or recovery courses will be awarded.
- General MESA courses will award a teacher stipend of $3500.00.
- General MESA courses will be provided a $500.00 supply stipend, a $500.00 fieldtrip stipend, and $10/attendee meal allowance for approved field trip.
All applications must be received by NM MESA no later than April 18, 2014 at 5PM. All applicants will be notified of selection by May 2, 2014. NM MESA will select up to 6 sites dependent upon submitted applications.
Student Application (Not to be submitted unless selected as a final course)